Creating an online marketing strategy can appear to be overwhelming.
“If you don’t have a strategy for your marketing then you are dead at the starting gate.”
Your marketing is literally taking shots in the dark hoping it will land.
6-Step Online Marketing Strategy
- Study your competitors. Look at their websites, their sales process, their marketing strategies. Look for what works and what doesn’t.
- Study your market. Identify if you are a part of a niche market. If so, center your strategy on that demographic instead of a broad internet consumer. Identify your Ideal Consumer Avatar (ICA) demographics.
- Apply your knowledge. Mimic the successful strategies of your competitors with customization for your ICA. This means that the demographic will respond well to these types of campaigns.
- Develop your brand name and image BEFORE communicating with your ICA. Your brand is what makes you recognizable among your competitors.
- Set up tracking capabilities for all of your campaigns. The best way to do this especially with a website and ads is thru Google Analytics.
- Evaluate your Return on Investment (ROI) and repeat.
Rinse & Repeat
In this case, “rinse & repeat” speaks to repeating the campaign with minimal changes that are based on the insights and analytics that you received from the initial launch.
The value of these mini re-sets is that it offers you repeated opportunity to tweak your products or service until you get your offer exactly right.